Invicta cars were made in Cobham, Surrey, England from 1925 to 1933, then in Chelsea, London, England from 1933 to 1938 and finally in Virginia Water, Surrey, England from 1946 to 1950.
Car production seems to have finished in 1935. Noel Macklin went on to join Railton who used the Cobham buildings to make their cars after Invicta moved to Chelsea in 1933. An attempted revival using Delage and Darracq components failed to get off the ground.
Sporting success came with Invictas driven by Violet Cordery, who was Noel Macklin's sister in law, and gained the Dewar Trophy for reliability in 1929 and 1931, Sammy Davis, who had a spectacular accident in one at Brooklands in 1931 and Donald Healey who in 1930 gained a class win and in 1931 a first in the Monte Carlo Rally.
The company was reformed in 1946 operating from Virginia Water to make the Black Prince. Meadows engines were again used, this time a Twin overhead camshaft 3 litre six giving 120 bhp. The cars were extremely complex and very expensive with Brockhouse hydro-kinetic variable ratio "gearbox", full independent suspension using torsion bars, and built in electric jacks. About 16 were made. The new company lasted until 1950 when it was bought by Frazer Nash makers, AFN Ltd.
In the early 2000s, the marque was resurrected yet again, producing the Invicta S1, at a factory in Chippenham, Wiltshire, England. The car is powered by a 4.6 litre Ford Mustang engine and features a carbon fibre body shell attached to a steel space frame chassis. It is claimed to be capable of 200 mph.